Long live your color!! :)
Monday, December 14, 2009
Long live your color!! :)
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
So all in all, it was a success of a trip. Thanks grams!
Friday, October 2, 2009
I'm also wanting to invest in this little piece of heaven. From what I've heard, it transforms your skin... maybe a Christmas idea (hint hint) :)
what are your favorite "Pink" things??
head over to http://oursolepurpose.blogspot.com/2009/10/retail-therapy.html for more ideas!!
Thursday, August 6, 2009
and my first experience with a Chi was a disaster! I looked like I had stuck my finger in an electric socket. (I can't seem to find that picture....)
and really long....
I even took the plunge and went dark a few times (which never turned out quite right)
but I always seem to come around to my bright blonde and this is what I've been sporting lately...
Do you have a funny hair history?? or is yours kind of boring like mine??
Friday, July 24, 2009
like I said, I also love eyes done in purple and some of my favorite purple staples:
- Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Violet Ink
- Bobbi Brown Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow in Eggplant, Lilac, and stone
- NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Jolie Poupee
Friday, June 26, 2009
Monday, June 22, 2009
Thursday, May 21, 2009
So last night I went to Neimans to return a dress... (b/c the beautiful, red Marc Jacobs dress just wasn't necessary when I'm down to double digits in my bank account) On a high from doing my good deed and feeling good about myself, I decide that I can finally treat myself to a decent bra. I mean, get fitted, measured, etc... and come away with a bra that I never want to take off my body. Well, mission accomplished.
Let me back up even more. To start off, I am a HUGE Spanx fan. I've used them for years, and think they are a direct gift from God. So awhile ago, when I saw that Spanx came out with a bra, I knew it had to be good.
So last night, the Spanx bra, "Bra-llelujah" was the first bra I tried on, and ladies, I've never been so in love with a bra, and it's the bra I ended up buying. Even as I'm typing this, it feels like I'm not even wearing a bra. No pulling, tugging, nothing. It snaps in the front, making the back feel like I just have on a smooth, stretchy undershirt. There are no bumps, rolls, bra straps digging into my shoulders. It's amaaaazing. There is one downside, they only go up to a size D, which I know for some is N.O.T. an issue, but for some I know it is.
At $62 it's on the pricey side. But for me, who has problems finding well-fitting bras, it is worth the $$.
I found mine @ Neimans, but any place that carries Spanx should carry these bras as well.. It also comes in racerback for some variety.
Monday, May 18, 2009
speaking of staples, I think I will start a "best of" series which will includes all of my staples and must haves...
Monday, May 4, 2009
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Lauren introduced this to me years ago, and it has always been fabulous, but when I was running out of my current supply, I had an itch to try something new.
Going along with my current goal of being a more thrifty shopper, I decided I would try to find a less-expensive moisturizer. Since Sephora has one of my favorite body lotions, I decided to try their face lotions, and I must say, I was impressed!! Not only is it just $20 for the lotion, I think it feels amaaazing. They have 3 versions for Dry, Normal, and Combo skin. and have moisturizing cream, and then moisturizing cream with SPF. I bought both, in Combo skin, one for night, and one for the morning... and I am loving both. I think it's a great value... and I might have found my new favorite moisturizer.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Besides from her being a little wasty-face, I just don't think this is her best look. Don't get me wrong, I am all about the red lips right now, but I just don't think this is the right shade for her.. is it just me?? Let me know what you think of Lauren's new look....
Monday, April 6, 2009
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
The color we got was Cherry Blossom... and it is amazing. Lauren and I both received compliments on it, and Lindsey and Sarah both tried it on, and looked fabulous. My Spring/Summer look is going to be a great tan, mascara, and this lip gloss... what could be easier?! I seriously recommend EVERYONE try this.. and if you don't think it looks great on you, let me know, and we can find you YOUR Spring Red...
Friday, March 20, 2009
- a little sun on your face can be the best makeup you could ever put on.
- Crest whitestrips are a fabulous invention
- changing your blush color with the season is a must, and I often blend them together during the "transition" time (like right now from Winter to Spring)
- accepting beauty marks or spots boosts confidence and makes you even more beautiful. (I have one on the corner of my chin, and I always asked my mom to let me get it removed, and she said that one day I would appreciate it, she was right)
- you should never look like a completely different person when your makeup is on vs. when you don't have any on. makeup is meant to enhance your features, not hide them
- taking good care of your skin while you're young is one of the smartest things you can do. (SPF daily)
- never go to bed without washing your face
- indulging in a really expensive, unnecessary product (like bubble bath, a candle, lip gloss...) can be very rewarding, and help put you in a better mood
- drink tons of water everyday... i don't think there is a magic number of how much you should drink, but it really is one of the best things you can do for your body
- maximize your assets (big eyes, beautiful complexion, etc...) and don't worry about your flaws. Chances are you are the only one who notices them
- have a lip gloss or lipstick that you use as your secret weapon, the one where you KNOW you look good with it on. :)
- a good mani/pedi is enough to erase any bad day
- just because something is in style at the moment, does NOT mean it something you should do. know which looks are flattering and which aren't.
- put lotion on every night before you go to bed, not only does this make your sheets smell amazing, you will notice how well your skin responds to this
- classic looks are always in style
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
This article tells the story of a man who literally CAUGHT ON FIRE while in a tanning bed... no thank you... I love being tan, but not that much!
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Monday, February 23, 2009
Now this has some strange colors for your cheeks, but also some fabulous eye colors (at least that's my opinion... but I would have to try it first... who knows) and it appears that it could become my spring and summer staple.. but I will have to get back to you on that one. I need to wait until the first of the month when I get paid, but my first stop will be to NM to buy this!!!
there is also Bobbi's Exclusive Runway Kit... which looks fun as well. I might have to decide which one to get... but both are worth looking into!
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Monday, February 16, 2009
It's called Model Tan... and although I've never been big on self tanners... I think I might have to give this a try... or if you have used this... please let me know what you thought!
Here's the website
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
But I am not the person that will throw a bunch of bronzer on and have my face 17 shades darker than the rest of my body. This looks muddy to me, and is one of my biggest irritations when it comes to makeup flaws. There is an easy way to give your face a "glow" that doesn't make you look fake or that you are actually trying to make yourself look tan. I'm just talking about helping you to not look dead. (like I do now when I don't have anything on my face)
This product I have been using for years, and my cousin Lauren has been an avid follower as well. It's Chanel and it's called Sheer Brilliance. I don't think it actually adds color, but it just warms your skin up. What I like to do is add a dot of this to my tinted moisturizer. A little bit goes A LONG way, and if you use too much, you are going to look oily. Which is also why I suggest using it under your powder for the most natural look.
Also remember, when your skin is lighter or darker than usual, you are probably going to need to change up your blush color as well... what looks good at the beach is not going to be the same color you wear in the dead of winter....