- a little sun on your face can be the best makeup you could ever put on.
- Crest whitestrips are a fabulous invention
- changing your blush color with the season is a must, and I often blend them together during the "transition" time (like right now from Winter to Spring)
- accepting beauty marks or spots boosts confidence and makes you even more beautiful. (I have one on the corner of my chin, and I always asked my mom to let me get it removed, and she said that one day I would appreciate it, she was right)
- you should never look like a completely different person when your makeup is on vs. when you don't have any on. makeup is meant to enhance your features, not hide them
- taking good care of your skin while you're young is one of the smartest things you can do. (SPF daily)
- never go to bed without washing your face
- indulging in a really expensive, unnecessary product (like bubble bath, a candle, lip gloss...) can be very rewarding, and help put you in a better mood
- drink tons of water everyday... i don't think there is a magic number of how much you should drink, but it really is one of the best things you can do for your body
- maximize your assets (big eyes, beautiful complexion, etc...) and don't worry about your flaws. Chances are you are the only one who notices them
- have a lip gloss or lipstick that you use as your secret weapon, the one where you KNOW you look good with it on. :)
- a good mani/pedi is enough to erase any bad day
- just because something is in style at the moment, does NOT mean it something you should do. know which looks are flattering and which aren't.
- put lotion on every night before you go to bed, not only does this make your sheets smell amazing, you will notice how well your skin responds to this
- classic looks are always in style
Friday, March 20, 2009
As girls, we all have our individual beliefs and ideas about what beauty is and what certain things can make us feel like we're unstoppable, and what things make us feel like not even getting out of bed. So I thought I would share with you MY personal beauty and product beliefs...