Thursday, August 6, 2009

Hair History

One thing that I find very entertaining about looking through old photos, is hair. Laughing and making fun, and the "what was I thinking" that seems to come to mind is all part of the fun. So I thought I would walk you down my "hair history" and you can share in my giggles I have about some of these pictures!

For as long as I can remember, my mom always made sure my hair was "done." Most of the time that involved some sort of curlers, like the soft pinks ones you sleep in, hot rollers, curling irons, you name it, I've had it on my head. Then in elementary school, I had my "perm" phase, which I L.O.V.E.D. at the time, and thought I looked gooooooood.


I chopped it off in middle school, and then started on a path to which you can never return: coloring your hair. My mom let me get my hair highlighted in 8th grade, and I have never known what my natural color is since then.



and I have definitely had my bangs phase... quite a few times in my life


and my first experience with a Chi was a disaster! I looked like I had stuck my finger in an electric socket. (I can't seem to find that picture....)


I've gone really short....




and really long....



I even took the plunge and went dark a few times (which never turned out quite right)



but I always seem to come around to my bright blonde and this is what I've been sporting lately...




Do you have a funny hair history?? or is yours kind of boring like mine??

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Ok, so I L.O.V.E. this post. And if I were to share mine you would surely laugh hysterically. My hair histroy isn't quite as pleasant as yours. And contrary to your experience the Chi actually changed my life. XOXO

Kristen said...

Obviously Tiffany and I are related, because I too became a different person with the advent of the CHI. There does not need to be proof, although years worth of choir tour videos will be the end of me. Btw, I'm liking your current look :)

rebecca r said...

i think you know my hair history. and it is anything but boring. but mostly horrifying.

Pixel Perfect said...

Hey! My name is monica and found your blog off of the comments on sara's blog. I created a blog button for her family. Please go to my blog to get it and place it on your blog to bring awareness to their situation! Praying for a miracle!

www.pixelperfectblog.com


Thanks!