Thursday, January 20, 2011

Black Pearl

I have always been a little self conscious about having dark nail polish on my fingernails. It might be the fact that a nail lady once told me that "hand too fat for color" when I asked her to paint them OPI's "Lincoln Park After Dark." I have been told many times that I have "play-doh" hands and my ring size is several sizes larger than most of my friends. BUT - this hasn't stopped me from loving Chanel's new "Black Pearl" nail polish.

I spotted this nail polish a couple of weeks ago when I was in Nordstrom, and then it started popping up in a couple of magazines, and I decided that I had to give it a try. It's unlike any other color I've tried. In some lights it's grey, some lights it is kind of green, and in others, it looks dark blue. I've had it on my nails for exactly a week, and I can't tell you how many compliments I have gotten.

When I showed Lauren last week at dinner, she immediately went and got it, and sent me this pic to show just how much she liked it. These pictures don't do a great job showing the color, so I suggest taking a look at it the next time you're near a Chanel counter.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I LOVE this! I'm so glad you're back MM!