Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thursday's Cheap Thrill

I'm still here!! Sorry for the lack of posts lately, I promise I'll be better.

When I was trying to think of today's cheap thrill, I went to my makeup bag to get an idea. Well I quickly realized the ALL of the contents in that bag are pretty expensive. I do not really use any makeup products that I could classify as a "cheap thrill." I need to change this. I'll buy face wash, body products, etc from Target and HEB, and will even use less than expensive hair products every now and then, but I really do not wander down the makeup isle in Target and normally buy all my makeup from either Sephora or Nordstrom.

So that brings me to my question - what is YOUR favorite makeup item that you can deem "cheap?" Do you have a favorite $4 mascara that you think can stand up to DiorShow? Or a CoverGirl lip gloss that you can't live without? Fill me in on your cheap thrills when it comes to makeup!!

5 comments:

Cori said...

My shampoo & conditioner!! I use Costco's brand, Kirkland, and I recently found out it's made by Biolage! It's SOO cheap (Around $5.00 for the huge 1 liter pump!) and I love the way it smells and works! Gotta love Costco and their quality products!!!

Kristen said...

Girl, all about the Maybelline Full & Soft mascara. Tried to go expensive once and then went back to ol' faithful!

ruthiehart said...

I'm so glad you're back!! I used to wear MAC blush and for some reason randomly tried Cover Girl and I am hooked! For about $3.50 (or cheaper if you have a coupon!), it is great/if not better than Mac! I use Plum Plush!

Tiffany said...

I really love the Mabelline Dream Mousse blush! It only takes a tiny bit and it gives really good color. Plus, it's so small I can carry it in my purse for a quick color touch up.

pink-runner.com said...

I've used CoverGirl's natural lash clear mascara for years for my eyebrows. Just recently I tried Maybelline's Great Lash in the new "BIG" brush formula. It is actually pretty good, no DiorShow but a lot cheaper! I got tired of buying DiorShow or Benefit's BadGal Lash because I feel like they dry out so fast and I go through them all the time!